Our curriculum is unlike any other offered in Canada. We specialize exclusively in sports media and it is our goal to provide students with the most relevant, job-ready training possible.
You will learn all related fields of sports broadcasting. Whether your goal is to be a camera man, writer, reporter, director, producer, editor, new media expert or on air host for radio, TV or live event coverage – you will learn it here.
PROGRAM ELEMENTS: RADIO, TELEVISION, NEW MEDIA.
Our Curriculum is divided in to 33 modules specializing in radio, television and new media. We also teach industry specific employment skills/ tools and facilitate a practical training job placement. The program runs for four semesters.
Practical Placement (4 weeks @ 40 hours per week)
- Basic Writing - Radio & Television
- Basic Announcing - Radio & Television
- Basic Editing - Radio & Television
- Basic New Media
- Basic Camera Operation
- Advanced Writing - Radio & Television
- Intermediate Editing - Radio & Television
- Production - Master Control Operations
- HDTV / Producing
- Basic Radio Roundtables
- Television Anchoring
- Intermediate Camera Operation
- Reporting - Radio & Television
- Intermediate New Media
- Advanced Editing - Radio & Television 1
- Live Event Coverage 1
- Intermediate Radio Roundtables
- Advanced Anchoring/Reporting 1
- Advanced New Media 1
- Advanced Camera Operation 1
- Situation Adaptability/Broadcasting Mentality
- Public Relations
- Employment Skills
- Advanced Editing - Radio & Television 2
- Live Event Coverage 2
- Advanced Radio Roundtables
- Advanced Anchoring/Reporting 2
- Advanced New Media 2
- Advanced Camera Operation 2
SEMESTERS & KEY COURSE DATES
The College of Sports Media is now accepting applications for September 2023 enrollment.
Official Schedules coming soon.
Classes will begin in September of each year. The College of Sports Media is the only private career college to follow a traditional academic year.